|This box shows the color navy blue.|
Navy blue or navy is a dark shade of the color blue. Some people mistake navy blue for black because some navies (such as the United States Navy) use a shade of navy blue that is so dark it is practically black.
- Navy blue represents sailors and also represents the navy of a nation. Navy blue also represents the sport of yachting.
- Since 1748, British Royal Navy uniforms have been white and navy blue. Other navies also adopted these uniform colors. This is where the color got its name.
- Navy blue is the most popular color for a jacket known as a blazer (which also has brass buttons) which is often worn on special or formal occasions. Navy blue colored blazers are also often worn by people who are employed in customer service positions that serve the public from behind a desk, such as hotel concierges.
- Navy uniforms colored a color called Regimental (now called Persian Indigo), made by dyeing cloth with indigo dye, were popular among many nations during the 19th Century.
|Medium Ultramarine||#5A7CC2||90||124||194||220°||46%||56%||(Ultramarine (Pantone TPX 17-4037))|
|Star Command Blue||#007BB8||0||123||184||200°||100%||36%||(ISCC-NBS)|
|Bright Navy Blue||#0066CC||0||102||204||210°||100%||40%||(Crayola Navy Blue)|
|Medium Blue||#0066CD||0||102||205||210°||100%||40%||(web color)|
|Electric Ultramarine||#3F00FF||63||0||255||255°||100%||50%||(Ultramarine (Maerz and Paul))|
|Royal Azure||#0038A8||0||56||168||220°||100%||33%||(Royal (Pantone Blue #286))|
|Dark Blue||#00008B||0||0||139||240°||100%||27%||(web color)|
|Navy Blue||#000080||0||0||128||240°||100%||25%||(web color Navy)|
|Persian Indigo||#32127A||50||18||122||258°||74%||27%||(Regimental (Maerz and Paul))|
|St. Patrick's Blue||#23297A||35||41||122||236°||55%||31%|
|Midnight Blue||#191970||25||25||112||240°||64%||27%||(web color)|
|Dark Sapphire||#082567||8||37||103||222°||86%||22%||(Sapphire (PerBang.dk))|
|Space Cadet||#1D2951||29||41||81||226°||47%||22%||(Resene color list)|
- Maerz and Paul A Dictionary of Color New York:1930 McGraw-Hill